The Village of Saranac Lake has a professional planning department to help property owners get the most out of their property while still following the land use and zoning regulations within the Village of Saranac Lake.
The Planning Department is entrusted with guiding development by reviewing projects for land use and zoning issues in the Village of Saranac Lake. The Planning Department is usually the first stop in building or establishing a development in the Village.
The Planning Department provides plan review, technical assistance and support for the Development Board. The Development Board is a group of professionals in related fields that come together monthly to review larger or more complex residential and commercial projects. Each proposal is different and may or may not require Development Board review. Set up a meeting or call the Planning Department for instructions on how to proceed with your project within the Village of Saranac Lake.
The Development Board has the following powers and duties:
- Reviews and makes determinations on site plan and special use permit applications.
- Hears and determines requests for variances and appeals of orders, requirements, decisions, interpretations or determinations.
- Approves all plats showing any streets or highways within the Village.
- Prepares, reviews and recommends changes to the Zoning Map and the Village of Saranac Lake Development Code.
Planning & Zoning Services
The Planning Department also provides comprehensive planning & zoning services for the Village including:
- Preparation of land use ordinances and regulations
- Site visits and construction monitoring including as-built approval
- Assistance to property owners with zoning questions
- Enforcement of the Village of Saranac Lake Development Code
Contact the Village offices today to introduce your upcoming project to the Planning Department. Village of Saranac Lake, 39 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY 12983, call (518)891-4150 ext. 236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with Paul Blaine, Development Code Administrator.
The Development Board Meets the FIRST TUESDAY of every month starting at 6pm. Work sessions for Board members may be held on the Tuesday prior to each Regular Meeting.
For more information contact the Development Code Administrator, Paul Blaine, call (518)891-4150 ext. 236 or email email@example.com