The Village of Saranac Lake has a professional planning department to help property owners get the most out of their property while still following the land use and zoning regulations within the Village of Saranac Lake.
The Planning Department is entrusted with guiding development by reviewing projects for land use and zoning issues in the Village of Saranac Lake. The Planning Department is usually the first stop in building or establishing a development in the Village.
The Planning Department provides plan review, technical assistance and support for the Development Board. The Development Board is a group of professionals in related fields that come together monthly to review larger or more complex residential and commercial projects. Each proposal is different and may or may not require Development Board review. Set up a meeting or call the Planning Department for instructions on how to proceed with your project within the Village of Saranac Lake.
The Development Board has the following powers and duties:
- Reviews and makes determinations on site plan and special use permit applications.
- Hears and determines requests for variances and appeals of orders, requirements, decisions, interpretations or determinations.
- Approves all plats showing any streets or highways within the Village.
- Prepares, reviews and recommends changes to the Zoning Map and the Village of Saranac Lake Development Code.
Planning & Zoning Services
The Planning Department also provides comprehensive planning & zoning services for the Village including:
- Preparation of land use ordinances and regulations
- Site visits and construction monitoring including as-built approval
- Assistance to property owners with zoning questions
- Enforcement of the Village of Saranac Lake Development Code
Contact the Village offices today to introduce your upcoming project to the Planning Department. Village of Saranac Lake, 39 Main St., Saranac Lake, NY 12983, call (518)891-4150 ext. 236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch with Paul Blaine, Development Code Administrator.
Development Board Regular March Meeting Has Been Cancelled
The Village of Saranac Lake Development Board is a volunteer group of professionals in related fields that come together monthly to review larger or more complex residential and commercial projects. The regular meeting for the month of March has been cancelled. There will not be a meeting next Tuesday, March 2nd.
Development Board Members
Donna Difara, Chair, David Trudeau, Bill Domenico, Elias Pelletieri, Craig Catalano, Alternate (Not Pictured), CJ Hagmann (Not Pictured)
The Development Board Meets the FIRST TUESDAY of every month starting at 6pm.
Deadline to submit fully completed applications for Development Board review is three weeks prior to the meeting.
For more information contact the Development Code Administrator, Paul Blaine, call (518)891-4150 ext. 236 or email email@example.com